Originally posted by Hand-of-Omega
1) Will SMA have their own Techniques, be able to use Techniques of other styles, or is there just a general pool of Techniques that all styles can work with? Can there be a "mundane" style, or will SMA be more like mystical powers, and need no Techniques?
Not something I've discussed with the devs, but I don't Imagine SMA's having Techniques of their own.
2) With the combat system and mechanics working differently, will SMA still use the Sutra prayer strips for the cost reduction, or will they have another function?
Sutras are conceptually cool, but the cost-discount mechanic kind of hella sucks. If you precisely calibrated everything around the disparity between Sidereal mote pools and Solar ones and inflated the cost of SMA charms and set the discount to balance it out, maybe, but somehow, I don't think that was what was going through the heads of the Scroll of the Monk writers. We'll see what effect they have.
3) Are any SMA actually written up yet? Or is it all still in the theoretical phase?
4) Will SMA, as advanced powers, be esp good at "building advantage" in combat? Will they need definite downsides to balance them against this?
SMA are high-level, high-power Charms. They should be good at kicking people's asses in whatever esoteric and mystical ways they choose to kick a man's ass; that ain't something they need a drawback for, just a cost.
5) It was a bit of a muddle as to who exactly could learn SMA: Solars and Abyssals could, Infernals couldn't. Most of that seems to have been due to copy pasta and such (I'm pretty sure that if Abyssals had gotten full errata, their ability to learn SMA would have been removed). Will SMA now be open to all Solar types, or just Solars? Or even all Celestials?
I would be very, very surprised if was open to all Celestials.